Monday, April 29, 2013

The Grand Tour

As promised, I am here to give you the grand tour of our new house! I just want to prepare you for the 1977 fabulousness you are about to see...about 90% of the carpet and paint are original to the house. I know....gross. Some of the pictures aren't the best And we are missing a few good ones of certain rooms because my husband took these when he went for the inspection, I had to stay in Texas because I was 9 months along with our little SnugBug.

Finally...the reveal:
This is the front, quite a bit different than the traditional southern style home I envisioned us purchasing! Needless to say the landscaping has quite a way to go! And by quite a way I mean we have to pull everything and start over! 

Sadly this is the best before shot we have of the arboretum! Yes, there is a tree right beyond the front door! A 14ft ficus tree growing from a hole in the foundation!! I am sure it was a cool idea at first but forty years of no maintenance and it was just a tall skinny tree intertwined in the ceiling fan!

This is a peak at the kitchen. Not a bad size and the only appliance we have to replace is the cooktop...not bad! What you see in the middle there would be a Jenn Air grill in our island. As antique as it may be, it won't make it through the renovations.

This is the best example of how fabulous the wallpapering is in this house! Yes, the shower curtain matches the wallpaper, and yes, the curtain rod was wrapped in matching fabric! Geez!


This is the living area. Not a bad space if you love pink on pink, yes the carpet is pink too. This room was easy to see the potential with the high ceilings and abundance of natural light. And just wait to see what we are doing with the fireplace...

My Office!! I get this whole room with vaulted ceilings and built in cabinets to use as my craft space! This was the best before picture I have since they went right to work on this space. I am so excited about this space because I get to do whatever my creative heart desires here!

The last picture I am going to leave you with is this one...
Yep, that is wallpaper on the ceiling! and no picture we had did justice to the blinding yellow paint that was on the walls. I feel sorry for the small child that had to spend time in here.


Well, there it is! That is the majority of the house in all its 1977 grandeur. Lots of work has already been started so I am anxious to start getting some after photos up for you!

 



No comments:

Post a Comment