Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Life in a Hotel: Meal #3

Well friends day three was a tough one! I have been feeling rather exhausted lately with only 8 weeks until Snugget arrives, so let me tell you...I was just not up for cooking tonight. In all his amazingness my husband steps up and says that he will cook dinner!! SWEET! But I knew what this meant in reality...I would end up doing about half of the work.
 
I stayed on the couch as long as possible calling out the directions (and giving a few of my own helpful suggestions) for as long as I could. Just before he went into complete freak out mode I swooped in to help out, but you know what, I'll take a little stirring over cooking the full meal! I suppose I should mention that he chose to cook P. F. Chang's Mongolian Beef. I also feel like I should give you a little insight into the way my husband works... He is a process guy, meaning before he starts cooking he completely measures out all the ingredients, if there is a time in the directions he sets the timer for the exact time, and if it doesn't call for it he doesn't put it in! Me on the other hand, I like to get a general idea of the ingredients and directions and just go with it. We are kind of like oil and water when we are in the kitchen together!
 
How was dinner you ask? In my husband's words..."I'm happy you didn't cook this so I don't have to tell you I don't like it!" HAHA! So, we are going to take a little stroll next door to Toby Kieth's I Love This Bar and grab a little grub, luckily today was the day we didn't have to pay for lunch so going out for dinner is technically okay this time. Hey we tried...
 
Just us with Toby no big deal..
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment