Monday, January 7, 2013

Life in a Hotel: Meal #1

Ok so as promised I am going to bring you an easy, budget friendly meal a day this week! My husband wanted to help (he is the planner in the relationship) so he got online and chose all the meals and wrote out my shopping list...how sweet...But he really did do a good job finding me some low prep/cook time meals.
 
Just to give you an idea of what I am working with...here is a look at a Residence Inn kitchen.
 
Not much counter space for this southern cook to work with! Not to mention my husband hustled me out of the house so quick and early this morning I forgot to bring any of my own pots, pans and knives. So this really is going to be a test of how well we can live in this room for the next week!

Today we tried Creamy Cajun Chicken. I must say it was a good choice! Quick and easy, well except for the fact that the two burner stove was a bit too small for both my sauce pan and the pot I was boiling pasta in! But had they both fit this would have been prepped and cooked within 30 minutes! Great easy recipe for anyone trying to wow on a time constraint!

Finished product:



Day #1 has been a long but successful day. Woke up at 5:15, in Oklahoma City by 9am, kill time all morning before check-in, shopping after husband gets off work, meal cooked, and BCS Championship watched! Yes, I swallowed every bit of my Tiger pride and cheered for Bama tonight...happy for an SEC win and hoping for a better year for my boys this year!

Do you travel with your husband?
What are your favorite cities to travel to?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment