Sunday, February 3, 2013

Showers and Nesting...The countdown begins!

Since we returned from our trip to OKC I have been one busy bee. I have had two baby showers in two states, worked on Etsy sales, and had family in town for a shower gift deliver/visit! I feel like I should start out first by thanking the wonderful hostesses of both of my showers. These ladies did such an amazing job. My first shower was thrown by my neighbors who have been so wonderful to my husband and I since we moved in, it was really nice to feel a sense of family here in Texas since our family will be so far away when Snugget arrives! My shower at home was thrown by my loving family and was such a fun time, Snugget is already one spoiled baby!
Just a few of the wonderful neighbors who attended my shower!

My MawMaw and Mother!
 
 
So of course, along with showers comes lots of gifts and the where to put all of it! I must admit that since Ryan and I live out here without much friends or family to visit...we sometimes errr let's say let the house take over... So organize time it was! And we have been doing just that. With a couple of weekends to get one shower load settled in before the second load arrived I would say that we have done a rather nice job of cleaning and "baby-tizing".
 
My favorite part of the organization spree was the peg board organizer we added to my craft area!!
 
 I tend to get a little mad scientist in my area and let it start to overtake the rest of the living room and kitchen so having this board helps me to have everything where I can see it without it being strewn about the whole downstairs area!
Here is just a glimpse of how things went from really bad to MUCH better..

I really have to give it to myself for getting this done! I am so much happier working in this space now!!
 
And sadly I have just sent off my brother and grandmother back to Louisiana after they were so kind as to bring all the shower gifts from home since I flew out this time around. It is always so nice having people over, I just never want them to leave once they get here! We had a wonderful time though; we brought them to our favorite nail salon and got a great laugh at my overly ticklish 6'4" brother, had a great dinner and nice relaxing morning before they had to head back to the country. Ryan even set the camera up with the auto-timer so we could all get a picture together!

The next few weeks are going to be full of naps, baby gadgets and date nights as we await the arrival of baby Snugget! Only 4 weeks left!

I am linking up to the Sunday Social again! Hop over to find some other great blogs!


Let's Get Social Sunday

No comments:

Post a Comment